Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eye Opener.EDUC 283

To me, EDUC 283 is an eye-opener.
What kind of a teacher you want to be?
Executive , liberationists, facilitative ?
What is your ideals and ends of education?
Is it about student's enlightenment?Is it about democracy?
Is it about self-awereness?
Or is it just creating products ready for the industry? Ready for the workforce? Something our neo-Marxists such as Gramsci had theorized years ago?
If Gramsci was correct, teachers are then the very first slaves of capitalism.

I am more of a liberationist, I think. I might not be later on.
Nevertheless, just for the sake of mentioning, I read Shariati's view of education. Somehow.
Shariati argues, in conclusive statement that education is the way a man ( bashaar), in its animal state strives to be an insan, a being defined by its soul, not just by its flesh and bones.
A man who uses the brain to speculate and think and ponder, yet depends on the soul to give him the answer.

I don't necessarily agree with Shariati.
I believe in quite a relativistic view of matter.
True meaning of education doesn't really matter to me- just like the true(est) religion is nothing for me.

No comments: