Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Random Thought out of Nowhere

I think the thing about actors and actresses is that we tend to associate them with their best character they ever played. Hugo Weaving is awesome; he's Agent Smith in the Matrix, voiced Megatron in Transformers,V in V for Vendetta and most importantly to me, Elrond in LOTR. Therefore I got the scare of my life when I saw him as a drag queen in 1994's The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Fabulously shocking!


V For Vendetta- an awesome film that explores the idea of authority, power and anarchism. 


The Matrix trilogy. I found the first two films to be of quite good , the last one, meh.

 
Hugo Weaving as Elrond in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Cool, caring father. Sigh, elves sure have it easy- being wise, fair and all.  



Now, I discover another side of Hugo Weaving I've never realised existed before. He sure was a versatile actor- daring to take on such a non-conformist role. Granted, this was 1994, when he was still particularly young- it's good to explore various roles. He reminds me of James Franco ( Spiderman, Milk, Pineapple Express, 127 Hours)  and Joseph Gordon Levitt here ( 10 Things I Hate About You, Mysterious Skins, Latter Days, 500 Days of Summer, Inception).All of them are not afraid to take up roles that are somewhat controversial, proving their acting versatibility and their talent charisma. 
This blog post is really random. Good night.


No comments: