Monday, November 18, 2013

Being an Adult

What does it mean?

Does that mean I can only post Islamic-related stuff in my Facebook, abandoning my interest in books, anime and general entertainment?

Does it mean I have to quickly find a sexually grown homo sapiens who have vagina and make babies with her?

Does it mean that I should stop reading teenage-oriented novels?

Bah.

Who cares? There are adults who act like a child, and there are teenagers that are mature beyond their age, only lacking in experience. There are plenty of sociological studies even on the broadening nature of 'youth' these day, especially in modern societies believing in Maslowe's Hierarchy of Needs.

This "being an adult" does not need sacrifice. It's just natural growth on life perspectives and acknowledging roles in society. Which means accepting AND rejecting socially-defined roles.

Individualism, babe.

No comments: