Friday, February 26, 2010

There Must Be Something Wrong With Me

There must be something wrong with me.
I don't really miss Malaysia. Except for its Mid Valley where I can buy clothes without actually thinking too much like I am doing now these days~
Family, a bit. But I don't feel that urgency to call them whatsoever? Oh my, I must be an ungrateful child.
Oh yeah, food. Though I can say that I am still picky on food, in the end, I think I could live on Maggi and Indomie for days.
Mingling around with the non-Malays. I don't really mind. In fact, I don't really care if I go to bar whatsoever. It's not like I haven't been there in Malaysia at all. It's just maybe I want to set a limit in what I can do here- after all, God send me abroad for a reason- I would say "reasons". One of them is for self-discovery- I think.
Pretty much I've been bringing compass everywhere- well, I somehow feel blessed for that? The absence of a mosque or prayer space actually can make us realize that the whole land, is God's prayer space.
These days, I usually walk to campus alone. It didn't look tragic at all. I love the idea that I can walk on my own pace. Sometimes, we need friends. Sometimes, when pleasure clashes with duty, and our friends were choosing pleasure, we should know where to be independent.

2 comments:

shida said...

huhu..take ur time...for self discovery~

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you dear. . . sumtyms we need time to be alone. .. but not al the time ok . . . otherwise u'll be crazy . . . for islam to conquer the world, muslim need to unite... so find ur new muslim friends as we all are the same nation. . . i hope u noe what i mean. . .
-faiz- ( i forgot my google account password olredi)