Thursday, April 14, 2011

Self- Belief

We will believe what we want to believe. We can fool ourselves with biased observations, distorted facts , erratic arguments, but in the end, as I said before, people will eventually believe what they want to believe.

That is the power of faith.

And this works universally- all people, from all gender, races, creeds and ideologies.

How many people anyway these days maintain a neutral approach in life? I don't, for example. I have a set of bias that I internalise in order to smoothly integrate into my very nosy society, for example. Sometimes I talked about things that I don't really believe in- because sometimes you respect someone you know and you don't want to offend them .

Yet sometimes, I openly talk about my opinions, things that I believe in though it clashes with the convention- because I truly respect them, and because of this sense of honoring and respecting them, I want them to know me as I am, not as what I usually portray myself to be.

And if they really do respect me as well, they'll be fine about it. I don't want people to actually agree with me anyway, I just want them to know that in this world, there are many opinions available in life. In the eyes of your God, it might matter,but we can't expect things that your God deemed right to be easily accepted by other people- especially if it's laden with anger and emotions and self-depreciating sentiments.

No comments: