Monday, August 17, 2009

Friends and Friendship


I have no best friends, as far as I am concerned.
If that's makes me a loner to some of you, so be it.

I never really pay attention to the "best" friends title. "Best" is the third stage from "good", "better" and then "best".
However, what makes a "best" friend anyway?
Sure I have friends, I think.
The good friends of mine whom I enjoy my school life and college life with.
The friendly neighbors and their sons .
My roommates whom I forced them to eat and eat and eat all the time. And they have to listen to my ramblings and complaints.

Still, I love my friends, sure I do. But I can never make one or two out of them my "best" friends.
That's why when KMS people scattered throughout the continents after this , I feel a little be sad, albeit being proud of them all. Because I know,friends meet and part ways. And it will take years before we meet them again, sometimes we won't see them at all in the future. Sad and tragic?
At least I still have some faces I know with me in New Zealand.

Because I only have "good" friends, maybe that is why I wanted to cherish all moments together with them before we never see each other and talk to each other face to face again.
Maybe that's why I never think twice of treating my friends during my school and college years. Because that's the right thing to do, I think.
University years will be a different thing because that time, I have other things to consider : financial stability, future investment, dowry, my sibling's education support etc. I can no longer think of friends and what they want from me any more.
I will slowly be less attentive to keeping the "friendship" fresh, and if God destined it to be, I will slowly having less new friends, and more work and responsibility to contact old friends.

I think I am never in the list of "best friends" for anyone I know. I am a lousy friend after all, sometimes to the extent of being a jerk.
But I believe that I had tried to be a good friend, most of the time.
So friends, whoever reading this, I am sorry for what I've done wrong to you all.
Hate me all you want, but loving you all back is what I can only do in reply.

-Ipoh-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My roommates whom I forced them to eat and eat and eat all the time."
Haha, I can always live with that.
And dowry? Hahaha... very visionary.
Dont worry, I'll send you stuffs from UK, maybe.... lol.