Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Of Beaches and Hills. Waiheke Island

Yesterday, a few of my friends and I went to  Waiheke Island, an island about 30 minutes ferry drive from  Auckland CBD. And I have a really good time tramping ( eceh)  and visiting places there. 

The hills are magnificent! We walked the tramping paths; the skies were blue with seagulls flying all around in absolute elegance, the sweet melody of  the waves crushing onto the rocks intermingled with the roaring of the winds. Oh, at one point we stopped at the top of a hill to have our "makan-makan" and God, the grasses are as comfy as those expensive bed!




Well, the beaches are beautiful. We managed to visit Onetangi beach and another one at Onerua. And that is that. I don't really like beaches, as I said before. It always make me a little sad and melancholic. The vastness of ocean really make me feel empty. Nevertheless, I have to give credit when it is due. I have less animosity to the domain of Neptune now.



Perhaps I have come to another stage of my life- a stage where uncertainty in my life was filled with answers I haven't truly discovered, yet I know it's there somewhere within my reach. Gone were the days where scepticism reigns my thinking and the vastness of the ocean seems to cynically insult my intellectual capacity, or it resounds my despair for failing more and more in understanding my own heart.  I am now feeling more and more at peace with my own self.



And I thank God for all these. I thank God for all these.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdullillah. Alhamdulillah.

( gambar milik saudara Nazrin)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sangat cantik.