Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Promise.

You know...
What happen to a thing called friendship when it ends? Or is they such a thing called end of friendship?
Err...
What are friendship anyway?

Can friendship remains even without unneeded lies?
I think.... probably?

So why the need for the lies?

" I'll remember you always."
" I'll always pray for you."
" I will never forget you."
" You will always be my best friend"
" We will stay connected always."
" We will always be together even though we are apart."
" I will never, ever forget our friendship."
" We may never meet again, but I will always have you in my memories. It will always be sealed in my life forever."

Oh, so sweet.
So bombastic. Yes, so pure.
So much love.

But, sorry, I believe that these are all unrealistic.
Though not realistic doesn't mean that it is not probable.

Do friendship, so-called true friendship need to be comforted with lies?

It is hard to remember all your friends everytime. Maybe impossible, even. Most of us aren't that obsessed with friendship to remember such past memories all of the time.

Don't get mistaken. Though I'm sceptical on close friendship, I do believe in friendship in general.People do need other people.
Friends are needed for our own sake anyway.
And helping others mean that we are helping ourselves anyway in the same time.
Such selfishness. Though how about being optimist and say it is all Muslim charity?

Yes, being grateful and thankful to our friend are wise. Remembering them is nice.
But, human we are, we love hyperboly.We promise things in our state of ignorance and emotions. Do we not realize that we made a promise that is so bound by unneeded word like "always" and "forever"?

Won't a "thank you for your friendship all this while", "may our path cross again" suffice? We are praying, and not promising anything. We are not bounded by any promise. Aren't that better? To the more realist type, they can be free from any tie to past memories . Everyday is a new day. Every phase is a phase of reborn.

Huhu I sounded so bitter today. I am made to think by a friend, adakah kita berjumpa, berkawan dan berpisah kerana Allah atau kita berjumpa , berkawan mungkin kerana Allah, tetapi di penghujung perpisahan, kita lupa tujuan kita kerana Allah kerana terlalu terbawa-bawa dalam persahabatan sehingga semuanya menjadi for "friendship's sake".

Salam. Ridiculous post again tonight. Whatever.

11 comments:

Faiz Nadzam said...

well. mengingatkan aku pada sebuah hadis.

Sabda Rasulullah:
"Tidak sempurna iman seseorang daripada kamu sehingga dia mengasihi saudaranya seperti mana dia mengasihi dirinya sendiri".

Anonymous said...

i like this!

wankhai said...

huhu,
faiz: that's the "muslim charity" I'm talking about. maybe can be related to hadis iman, islam dan ihsan antara saidina rasul dan saidina gabriel jugak lah.

NI: hohoho.
kawan xder la made me think, kalau awal2 mmg bukan kerana Allah mcm mana?

Anonymous said...

" I'll remember you always."
" I'll always pray for you."
" I will never forget you."
" You will always be my best friend"
" We will stay connected always."
" We will always be together even though we are apart."
" I will never, ever forget our friendship."
" We may never meet again, but I will always have you in my memories. It will always be sealed in my life forever."

salam..
dont u think that this is such a way that some people pray for their friends instead of lies?people reactions are unpredictable..so i dont see it as something that unrealistic but more like remarkable memories that we shared with our fwenz..though something might happened in the middle..still, he/she used to cheer up our life kan..remember the good things lg bagus dr menyingkap bende2 pahit yg telah berlaku..not to say that we are perfect,but this is how i appreciate my fwenz..=)
neway,thanks for the sharing~

wankhai said...

salam buat anonymous.

huhu.I hope you realize that I did mention about "remembering them is nice". what I stress more there is the hyperbolization of "always" and " never ever".

I do pray to meet my friends again as well. I do mention on "may our path cross again" pun, but in my opinion, I don't really see the need for word "always" and "never ever". tu je. as you quoted, all of them are prayers, but without the "always", it is still a prayer, even the meanings aren't distorted with the absence of "always".

But I do understand, some people are truly affected by their emotions, and as they truly want to express their feelings as best as they can to convey their true feelings, hence, " always". If we want to discuss the inner meanings or semantic ( is it?), you will agree that it is hyperbolized pun. and both parties know that such saying are indeed hyperbolized. but they are happy with it. I see no wrong in praying that kinda way anyway. It is sweet, lovely and pure. But taken literally, it's nothing but exaggerated. Literally,k.

anyway, about "he/she used to cheer up our life kan..remember the good things lg bagus dr menyingkap bende2 pahit yg telah berlaku", I don't get you ,I'm sorry. It feels like there's no connection to the post. sorry.huhu~

This post is actually a response to the last paragraph, and very much related to it.

huhu. salam.

Anonymous said...

err.. the same way some divorced wives tell their children that their father loves them but their father is scared of the contents of a box called responsibility n husbands lie about their wives looking great even though she is chubby and all i guess. hanya segala amal dengan niat. the same way smiling is a sedekah. it's not wrong. i think u r a bit of a confused person man @.@. a piece of advice my fren, the world do not adapt to ur liking, islam do not adapt to ur liking.. u adapt to it. when i read ur posts its like u r having all kinds of problems.if u dont like stg bt nt wanting/doing anything to change it , u r not having a problem, u r complaining. the only problem u have is wiv urself . take it as a piece of advice. i am anonymous , i dun even know u ,but i even bther to advice because ive met people like u b4 , nt realising wat they r doing but doing wat they r unsure of full of confidence. in a way, mayb i was like u n in a way u reminded me a bit of myself when i was juz a little younger. juz for the sake of a name , juz call me Lanz

Anonymous said...

owh, by the way. may Allah show u n me the correct way to walk these paths of lives . it's not pretention, dun worry about it =)

-Lanz

wankhai said...

haha, thanks anonymous, er, Lanz.

i never want to adapt to world or Islam anyway.

Yet ,kot.

These days, I see too many versions and hence, complaints.haha. Most of the complaints in this blog is my dissatisfaction of myself for not being able to quickly agree on things the "people" say, and you got me on that just by reading one post. Cool~~

well, i do understand. emotions. sometimes I do say things like that. but I now rarely speak like that. maybe I'm trying to be modest. i believe in friendship that is not really soothed by words, but by acts of charity minus 'acts of charity via words'.lol.and God knows what I've been doing so far on that. hehehe.

urgh, and anyway, I'll be studying education and English language pun for degree. there's this subject called "semantics", I think. On the actual meanings of a sentence.
and psychology. aiya. hahaha.

and though saya percaya there's that hadis Matan Arba'in Imam Nawawi yang pertama itu, "sesungguhnya setiap amal itu dengan niat", saya juga pasti wujud satu kaedah usul "matlamat tidak menghalalkan cara".huhu.

have a good day Lanz.

God bless you. Always. Amiin. I may forget this anonymous I responded too, but He doesn't forget anything.

Salam.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

entah uni mane la kamu pegi ade course semantic and psychology tu hahaha. its linguistics and 'understanding teaching and learning' la..

haha..

oh and kalau awal2 bukan kerana Allah, dapatlah kawan kerana org tu pandai jaga hati kita, kerana org tu sabar dgn kita. dapatlah yang bes di dunia juga. xdpt pahala jela kut. huhu,

wankhai said...

NI: yang penting subjeknya bisa buat orang "psycho". hahahaha.

puan rodina lah. ye ye je kata nanti "wankhai, u take electives semantics kalau ada, or psychology".. errr...

moga-moga dapatlah juga yang bes dunia itu jugalah. buatnya tak dapat langsung kawan bes dunia or akhirat...adeh. hahahaha.

tapi kengkadang kawan yang bawak ke neraka tu bes gak.huhu.