Saturday, May 8, 2010

Of Realising ...Things?

I always made known the reasons on why I want to go to University of Auckland.
Besides the high international ranking of its Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Education, I want to go to UoA because I want to participate in Islamic society.
Even I mentioned it in KMS to my teacher- to the displeasure of the teacher.

" Apa guna pergi overseas?"

True, yet, I think there are many other reasons of studying overseas.
Although expanding social circle is one of it - however,  it was never one of my intentions .
The teacher told me that I should widen my social circle so that I could expand my horizons.
I told the teacher, "my horizons are different ".
Yet, I applaud those who expand their social circle, mingling around with people, knowing them, while at the same time, stay truthful to their self identities. I too am worried that sometimes I might be a fitnah to my religion. As if my religion forbade us believers from being friendly to those different from us. That is why I am  kind of regretting my seclusive nature.

Well, what can I do, I have this compulsiveness that I feel like I am running out of time. There are less time to  experience and to experiment. I must edit the options to maybe only two and three choices.

At 21, I am rather more willing to expand my Islamic horizons. I came from a family that don't really fit into the "stereotypical" Baitul Muslim idea of a family, and it is very hard to change when you are nurtured in a certain way from when you're born. I want to change before it's too late for me to change; when change is getting harder and you almost think that it is an impossibility.  Being away from home will allow me to re-evaluate my family and my own way of life ( the latter is more important) , and muhasabah. Hopefully.

In the early age of 14-15, I already had a serious disbelief in God and religions in particular, and truthful enough, up until now, in some sense, I am still particularly a sceptic in many things I've been told in life. I can never easily subscribe to any ideas easily. I'm there, but not there.

Nowhere.

And I need to find my landing location, soon. At the age of 21, you might think you're young, but when you had a serious issues with God and with your own self, when you are dying of exhaustion of searching for truth and what you usually get are usually informations-mere data, you think that the Hour of Destiny is approaching soon and you still haven't got the answers to your questions. Total despair.

And I don't think I have the time to being too much engrossed in enjoying life to the full extent. Not with so many things uncertain and unanswered in life.

I am a freak. Really.

3 comments:

Muhammad Hilmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Muhammad Hilmi said...

nice post wan khai..i respect you very much dude..

Anonymous said...

hah! siapa komen apa?

you are not yet 21, i'm sure.

and good points.