Friday, May 28, 2010

Two Face.

Oh this post isn't about friends who talk differently about you in front of you and other people. I've past that already it is no more significant in my life.
This is about me ranting about my obnoxious life. Obviously.

To those who don't know me already, I am just a perfectly normal middle class teenager.

My life screams "boring" and "duhh" all over.

Here,  I am also sad to say that my lifestyles are paradoxical to each other, most of the time.

Here you have a Wan Khai who is completely traditional in manners of theological speculations, but highly unorthodox in relations to epistemological thought.
A Wan Khai who happens to believe that  in Malaysian context, Allah shouldn't be used by non-Muslims in their religious scriptures, but at the same time is also being faithful to Voltaire, fully believing in freedom of expression.

The extreme cases would be watching Lady Gaga performs through YouTube and spending hours after hours watching Glee, while a break between these two activities is filled by reading Islam : Religion, History and Civilization  , a book by a renowned Shia Muslim scholar, Seyyed Hossein Nasr . Blasphemous, isn't it?

Talk about being corrupted spiritually, huhu. 

I truly have no idea why such dichotomy exists within me. The cynical, fundamentalist me versus hedonistic, egocentric me. 

Oh wait, aren't those both ontologically bad in manner? Haha.

No comments: