Sunday, June 20, 2010

All Religions Offer Spiritual Fulfilment

I always believe that all religions can offer spiritual fulfilment.

I will not deny the spiritual fulfilment human, regardless of their faiths achieve by being obedient and pious in performing their duties as members of any particular religion.

Love exists in all religions. Peace exists in all religions. Faith exists in all religions.

In fact, I also wouldn't deny the idea that non-religious people may also attain spiritual fulfilment. Some of human have a deep spiritual connection to nature, to the idea of respecting ancestors, to the notion of spiritual ascension of matter and soul.

Who am I to judge St Mother Theresa the Blessed of the Christian creed, the monks of the monastery secluding themselves in spiritual thought,  the yogis of Hinduism, the followers of true philosophical views of Maimonides, the poets who immerse themselves in nature, or the dervishes who the soul is nothing but a recollection of love's inner essence?

On the other hand, it is in my faith as a Muslim to differ in matters of spiritual salvation. As a Muslim, I fully believe that salvation is only at the hands of my God, whom his primary name is Allah, along with other numerous names, through the revelation given by Him to the prophet Muhammad of Arabian desert.

It is what I believe in. This is what I believe is true and will ever be.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't ridicule anyone who believe that they can only achieve salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus of Nazareth, by living according to Buddha's Four Noble Truths and Eightfold Path, by realising the grace of Mother Nature and Father Sky, by obeying 613 mitzvots of  halakha, and many other ways.

It is in my belief that spiritual fulfilment and the salvation of souls are two different matters.

1 comment:

rainbOw said...

yup2, absolutely agree..we dont have any right to condemn or reject whatever they follow or practice..from what i see, religion existence is to bring peace to the whole universe..good thought sifu! ;)