Wednesday, June 9, 2010

wan khai, how to be as excellent as you? i mean, your english is superb!

haha, this is funny.

first, my English is at best, mediocre. I'm not being humble, it IS .

In my assignments at the uni, the lecturers always commented how my grammar mistakes tend to cloud their understanding of what my essays are trying to convey- to my disappointment, of course!

I somehow think that what you mean by this 'excellence' is the vocabularies I use.They are just words. Different disciplines obviously have different set of technical vocabularies you learn along the way anyway. Being a TESOL student, who falls somewhere between the lines of Arts and Education , I think it is nothing weird anyway on knowing few technical dictions here and there. The engineers, doctors , philosophical theorists all have their own domain of knowledge. I envy all those people who happen to know hundreds of names related to the body anatomy- for example.

cheers.

No comments: