Thursday, December 4, 2008

Books, and A Disappoinment




God allowed us freedom to plan, in which we did do, always,and we also know, it is Him, the Lord who will determine the Outcome.

Yesterday, as hundreds perhaps of people went to MPH bookstores in Mid Valley for a reason: I want to buy the Twilight saga( consists of four books: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse,and Breaking Dawn). Some of you perhaps have even watched that 2-hour-and-so movie, to which Nasiha watched it twice, her friend four, and me myself two, and received such a compliment from my girl classmates. Basically yeah, the dialogs are painfully romantic enough to make girls melt, and the eyes of Edward and Isabella are enough to send euphoria to some. Huhu, 'like some personal brand of heroin'.

Back to the issue, I planned to buy those books, to my disappointment , they are all sold out. I was feeling no shock anyway. It's to be expected. Now now, I'm already here, and there's tons of other drooling books and mags, so I will just buy a few.

And so, I bought two Paulo Coelho's book, the Devil and Miss Prym and Veronica Decides to Die and technically I was not being myself yesterday because I bought Selection of Poems by William Wordsworth! Not that I say it's a waste of money. At least I have something to read in my Kelantan village later.

I always like the simplicity of language used by Paulo Coelho, it straightforward and direct, yet it feels majestic and thought-provoking. It is always a satisfying work. To me, Paulo Coelho inspires me to discover myself , yet to discover myself I have to discover things around me first.

I learn Wordsworth . And so to say, I have my respect to him. He is indeed a revolutionary poet. I never read any poem so expressive yet so simplistic, so straightforward yet so mysterious. I sadly don't really like his young poems compared to his older days. Call me extremely religious , but God resides in nature/pantheism is not to my liking. However, the poems, regardless whether it was written when he was young or not, are simply beautiful and divine.

Really my non-literature friends, try reading it. Open your heart to Romanticism. However, let us be neutral. Neutralize your exposure to the worlds of Romantics by reading Romanticism: the Weapon of Satan by author Harun Yahya.

No comments: