Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ipoh, here I come~

Well, after a week and more in Kelantan, I'm going to Ipoh today. Pasir Putih Kelantan is one of my father's numerous kampungs, while Simpang Pulai Ipoh is my mum's. I have quite an endearment or attachment to Ipoh, anwyay.

I was born here, and even raised here. Ipoh is a city of simplicity and peace. It's quite multicultural in population, and since my childhood, being my father is quite liberal and open, I used to eat in Chinese restaurants and cafes there without any caution. It is not juts one, quite a number of Malays did that. Like white coffee in Ipoh for example, the taste is OMG so great. I've been in love with it since my young days.

I didn't like the din in Kuala Lumpur. It's too noisy, way way way higher than Ipoh. Ipoh has basic or rather more-than-okay facilities. We have two big parks, Taman Dr and Taman Polo, to which lots of couple commit adultery and same sex fornication there, that makes every night Pegawai Agama have to round that area. Huhu. We have Jusco and Ipoh Parade, good enough for me. i didn't fancy too big mall, either. It is tiring to round the place.
And most importantly, in Ipoh, it has memories.

Sometimes, we need to return to our old self to realize the journeys that we've been through.
Ipoh is my memory lane, and when i return there, I would reminisce my childhood days playing at Taman Polo, shopping with my granma at Rainbow, sleeping in cold at the back while my mum made burgers for customers at our burger stall in front of a Chinese coffee-shop, or when I drive past my old school, I am reminded of my old days and how I'm turned out now.

This reminds me of a quote, " A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ipoh eh..
rainbow..now UO

huhu rainbow GreentownMall rite??..
ipoh is a living legacy and its nice to hear peps talking bout it..

where i lived by and grown up also..

gunung lang also nice..with the lake..

burger stall where??

ngee~~

chill

wankhai said...

dulu dulu masa kami hidup susah dulu, my mum jual burger.
Skang ni alhamdulillah kehidupan dah okay.

Yup rainbow is GM now, a splendid place to buy baju melayu and aksesori.

Gunung lang okay~ best!Tapi pergi sekali jer aritu, lepas balik daripada tambun lost world.

Anonymous said...

everybody had their had time..
i had mine once..

duduk area mana dulu??

~shida~ said...

hmm..memang betulla quote tuh..=)..sangat2 betul..hehe