Friday, December 12, 2008

Sweet and easy

Don't ever say that we are deep. We never are. And also never do say that you are an absolute carefree person. We human are complex human beings, after all. There are times that we think of our existence and objectives of life. We did. Sometimes it happens when we're in solitude, or we're circled by harshfulness of reality, or just our mind can't hold it anymore.

Superficiality and absolute criticality always appear in our lives. They are an intertwined pair, can't be separated.

I myself won't say that I am a critical, Aristotle-soundlike person. However well read we are, or how much we are exposed to the world of intelectual pleasure, which I believe we all aren't, we occasionally would long for a superficial way of life. I am myself a lonerin theory, closing myself to any friendship based on earnestness or honesty, because deep inside, mutual benefit are mostly the cause of it. Yet I personally believe that sometimes, I must put aside all my books and thoughts, critical overanalysed and overrated thoughts and simply embrace easiness. Be easy on things, rileks rileks aja! Go out with acquaintances, playing bowling et cetera, for example.

Then I would find myself enjoy watching movies, playing games on my laptop, sms-ing friends or performing any other social activities. No harm .

I rarely put myself in the middle of things, or what we say , modesty. In fact, I can't recognise that wether I am an extremist , fundamentalist or liberalist. I simply enjoy reading their books and reflected it in my life. Here, I am intrigued with an accusation by a friend that say that I am a liberalist- to which I vehemently deny. I DON'T KNOW or DON'T ACTUALLY CARE about this labelling.

I live a complicated life already. Mere labelling of what I am is definitely won't do anything good to my life .

I hate to say that I lack discipline, courage or even determination to discover or satisfy my emptiness in life.However, I never think that by simply reading the controversial Ibnu Rushd's works or the free-thinker Ar-Razi's works or the Ismailite Shiiete Ibnu Sina' s works or the Mu'tazilite Al-Khawarizmi works make you a philospoher or one who understand life, like one of my friend thinks he is. Pathetic.

Moreover, those who indulge in superficiality of life aren't stupid ignorant people either. You don't know. And you would never know . It might be that the one that you tend to regard as ignorant can explain more about 'love ' and ' existence' that you moral upholders think.

There aren't no single absolute formulae to attain salvation. Me, a morally twisted person can say that.

" Life is like a stage of Elizabethan theatre. Too much irony, too much allegory and too much grey than the black or white. "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mantap.cliche, tp mengetuk hati.selalu label orang atau diri sendiri, walhal. manusia itu subjektif.good point!